Monday, October 29, 2007

No school for kiddos

Well today the kids don't have school. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but today both Levi and I have to work, so that means they're here with me at the office. With just Alexis, it's not so bad, she can watch movies downstairs or play on Grant's computer when he's not here. With both of them, it's pretty much meyham. There's 3 floors of the church and they've made a mess on all three. I would have stayed home this morning, but this ALSO happens to be one of my busiest days of the month at work. I'm trying to get the monthly newsletters out (220 of them) and there's just a lot of end of the month things to do. Hopefully I'll at least knock a good portion out of the way so I can just go HOME soon! I'm taking a 10 min. break right now for coffee and for e-mail so I figured this as good a time as any to post. :)

Hopefully I'll recieve my DT kit in the mail today! It's always exciting to get actual letters and packages in the mail instead of bills or random junk. Tomorrow I'm expecting my Silhouette to come and that's even more exciting! I've been saving up for months and I've been wanting one for years so I can't wait to play with it. For those of you not in the know, it's a computer based cutting machine that I'll use for scrapbooking. It can cut letters (of hundreds of fonts), numbers, and many designs and shapes.

This weekend, we went to St. Louis for church and stayed with our friends Nick and Diane. After church, we ate chilli dogs with our church family and made our way to a Fall Farm. So between us there were 3 families and 7 kids and everyone had a great time. My favorite was the "Pumpkin Chucker" which was a high powered machine that someone made for launching pumpkins across a huge field. Those babies went about 1/2 a mile!

There were also corn mazes, a straw pyramid with slides and of course pumpkin patches and all sorts of fall fun stuff. I'll try to get some photos up later on.

Well, my break is over so I'd better get back to work!

No comments: