Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Long weekend

Well, towards the end of last week, we got word that Levi had a job interview scheduled for Monday (yesterday) in Kearney, NE. So we planned a very quick trip up there! We left on Saturday morning about 6:30AM and got to Kearney at 4:30PM. We had some time to just relax and let the kids go swimming at the hotel after dinner, so that was nice. The hotel was really nice and had a swimming pool and a heated whirlpool that the kids could also get in and they loved that!

Then we went to church on Sunday at St. George and visited with everyone there. They're so wonderful, I really liked getting to know them better.
After lunch, we went around looking for houses/apartments so we could get a feel for what the market is like. We're just going to rent, and since housing is SO HIGH, we'll probably end up in an apartment. Which made me sad because our house is SO big here and I love it to pieces, and even a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment would be about 1/4 the size of our current house!
I really do like the Kearney area though and it's 10 hours closer to my family so that will be worth it.

A fun surprise awaited me Sunday night! When we went to dinner at Red Lobster with Fr. Christopher and his wife, the first person I saw when I walked through the door was my friend Mackenzie! She lives about 4 1/2 hours from Kearney, but happened to be there that weekend visiting her sister who lives in Kearney. So that was a crazy moment! :) We were both in shock at first I think! She had no idea that I would be in Kearney that weekend and I had no idea she would be there either. So it was fun to at least say hi and talk for a few minutes.

I'm STILL waiting on my package for the December kit from Paws on Scrapbooking. They sent it out 2 weeks ago, and it's still MIA. It's being sent from Canada though, and mail from here to Canada and vice versa can be VERY slow and silly. I just hope it comes in one piece, preferrably BEFORE December!

Well, I'd better get back to work now! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: